Welcome to the official website of the Pathmaker Digital Marketing Awards
This year we’ve focused on identifying and analysing the best social media agency in the UK. Social media continues to grow in its prominence and importance in the world of digital marketing so it made sense for that category to be our primary choice. It is also a fast-paced and ever-evolving space so finding an agency with excellent results is of significant value to the business and marketing communities.
After a lengthy shortlisting and in-depth analysis period, we’re delighted to announce the winner for 2019/20:
JC SOCIAL MEDIA
Best social media agency UK
The judges commended the innovative use of key platforms such as Facebook and LinkedIn to generate widespread awareness and growth for a vast range of clientele. The agency also leveraged Instagram to excellent effect in an incredibly competitive sphere, demonstrating strong growth and engagement statistics. The icing on the cake was the exceptional client feedback received from social media management campaigns.
Picking the Best Social Media Agency
After a thorough search, Pathmaker identified and shortlisted 10 leading social marketing agencies before taking a deeper look at five core areas. These areas combined delivered a comprehensive overview of the performance of the agencies in their respective industry or specialism. These areas included:
1. Brand strength and consistency – we were looking for a company that practices what it preaches by having a strong, well-thought-out brand that echoed strongly throughout its website, social channels and imagery. Here, we were also looking for strong attention to detail.
2. Thought leadership – for us at Pathmaker, leading the way in terms of research, theory development and practical implementation was crucial in our assessment. We utilised company blog posts as well as brand mentions in other publications to make a score on the impact they were having in developing the sector.
3. Financial track record – whilst being a multi-million-pound agency was not part of the scoring criteria, we recognise that strong financial performance is a good indicator of the company’s effectiveness in its work so it made sense to incorporate this metric into the overall score.
4. Creative capabilities – social media has always revolved around strong content. However, in recent years, the demands placed on brands has increased dramatically, meaning our winning agency surely required the in-house capability to create graphics and video content for clients.
5. Reviews and client feedback – last but not definitely not least, we used client reviews and feedback to support our findings. Our winner excelled in having extensive positive reviews from a vast client base in a diverse range of social media marketing services. This was the most heavily weighted area of the marking by a small margin.
About the awards
Path Maker Marketing is an independent website developed for the promotion and celebration of excellence in digital marketing. Our shortlisting panel comprised 5 experts in digital marketing, PR and social media. Our deep dive analysis was performed by a team of 14 judges chosen by our team to provide diverse perspectives on the 10 shortlisted agencies. Each member of our judging panel scored the shortlisted firms on the same five criteria and performance scale.
You can find out more about the awards and our philosophy on our about page and drop the team a not via our contact form. We do not accept unsolicited requests from businesses looking to feature as an award-winner, but we're always keen to hear from like-minded marketers.